Well …it’s official. The Seasons Care team has jumped on the Avocado Toast trend just in time for the holidays. But of course we had to put our own (heavy on garlic) spin on things. This MistletoeVocado Toast will be a hit at the holidays, although you may not get many kisses after eating it. This is a Carol creation that we have come to love and would be perfect as an appetizer or brunch item. Cheese Mixture
3oz Goat Cheese
½ pkg Cream Cheese
¼ cup Plain Yogurt
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Salt Free Mrs. Dash
1 tsp Chives, Chopped
1 tsp Parlsey
½ tsp Black Pepper, freshly ground
3 Avocado, ripe
1 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
Red Pepper Flakes, to taste 6 pieces
Whole Grain Bread, chose your favourite grainy bread!
Honey, for drizzling
- Beat together the goat cheese, cream cheese and spices until well combined. TIP: Get the cream cheese out an hour in advance so it softens.
- Slice open, remove pit and smash the avocado in a bowl. TIP: use a potato masher to save your forks (and thumbs).
- Toast slices of whole grain bread.
- Spread even amounts of cheese mixture over each piece of toast.
- Cover with smashed avocado.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and red pepper flakes on top.
- Serve with Honey for drizzling. TIP: Swap out the honey with maple syrup for a Canadian twist.