It is salty and sweet…. and we love everything about this holiday treat! This easy recipe is made with 6 simple ingredients, is ready in just 15 minutes and is perfect for snacking on any time over the holidays! Each batch makes about 13 Cups.
Holiday Reindeer Chow
1 Box (12 ounces) Chex Cereal
2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
3/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/3 Cup Butter, Cubed
3 Cups Confectioners’ Sugar
Red and Green m&m’s
- Pour cereal into a very large bowl.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir gently. Continue microwaving on high, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and blended. Pour over cereal; gently stir to coat.
- In batches, place confectioners’ sugar in a large freezer bag, add cereal mixture and shake until everything is well coated. Spread cereal out on a lined baking sheet. Tip: Let the treats set before dividing into containers.
- Toss in red and green m&m’s.
- Store in airtight containers.
Suggested Topping Add-Ins
- Pretzels- Whether plain, dipped or drizzled with Chocolate, pretzels are a salty extra that adds a bit more crunch!
- Yogurt Covered Cranberries, Roasted Almonds, Walnuts or Pecans- Holiday trail mix anyone!
- Peppermint Candies- Add a little festive flavour of the holiday season
- Mini Peanut Butter Chocolate Cups- You can never have enough Chocolate! Seasons Care LOVES Chocolate!
Perfect for Gifts
- This treat is perfect to give as a small gift. Fill 8oz or 16oz mason jars with the Reindeer Chow, add a tag with a holiday message and some festive holiday ribbon and you have a gift almost anyone can enjoy! If you are feeling really crafty, you can decorate the outside of the jars with pipe cleaners to make antlers and stick eyes and a red cotton ball nose on the jar to make the jar look like a reindeer. This is a great way to get the whole family involved.
- If you would prefer to use something different than mason jars, you can also use different shaped bottles such as milk bottles or package the treats in festive holiday tins lined with wax or parchment paper. Add a bow for an extra touch!
Wishing you all a season filled with sweetness!
Happy Holidays and Enjoy!