A BIG CONGRATS goes to our friends at peopleCare!!
They’ve done it again! They’ve put together another amazing WW2G trek along Ontario’s stunning and tough Bruce Trail in support of MEDA’s Nigeria WAY project. We love to support such a fantastic event and are eager to take part in the upcoming golf tournament. We hope to see you out there on Friday, August 9, 2019.
The WW2G Trek is part of peopleCare’s Beyond Ourselves commitment to social responsibility, and has been an annual event for the past few years. It’s also an opportunity to bring together leaders from across the long-term care sector to network and explore opportunities for partnership and collaboration.
Seasons Care Inc. has supported this great event over the years and VP, Kyle Donovan, has participated in the trek and golf tournament himself. Read more about his time on the trail.
To give you an idea of what a great achievement it is to hike the Bruce Trail in support of MEDA’s Nigeria WAY project we thought we’d share peopleCare’s numbers with you.
• 100km of Bruce Trail trekked (Hamilton to Milton)
• 57 trekkers – 16 trekked all four days!
• 33 degrees Celsius – with Humidex in the 40s
• $57,000 raised to date
• 140 bottles of Gatorade consumed
• 72 cold packs used to cool hikers
• 100s of blisters suffered
• 800 – approx. number of women and youth who will be impacted by the funds raised thus far through the 2019 Trek
Interested in donating? That’s fantastic! Visit https://www.meda.org/women-walking-to-grow