Season’s Care Dietitian Network is currently recruiting a Nutrition Manager for a Long Term Care home in Tavistock, Ontario. The Nutrition Manager (NM) is responsible for the overall management of the dietary department, including training, supervision, and payroll.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee daily operational activities within the dietary department, including assisting as needed with preparation and service of all resident nutritional needs.
- Create and manage dietary department schedule electronically to ensure effective operation of dietary department under union agreement. Resolves routine work problems and grievances
- Process payroll for dietary department.
- Assist in recruitment
- Delegation of duties to staff members
- Ensure corporate policy and procedures are followed by staff at all times.
- Ensure department cleanliness and maintenance at all times
- Work alongside Registered Dietitian to create and maintain a food first approach while ensuring residents are getting required nutritional support and options, as needed.
- Develops and sustains clinical systems to ensure optimal resident care
- Establishes and maintains an effective quality and risk management system to ensure legislative regulations and standards of department
- To monitor the nutritional status of residents at moderate and low risk
- Ensures effective and efficient procurement and supply control procedures within the department.
- Familiar with MOHLTC legislation, regulation and process; Implements processes and systems to ensure compliance to all standards on an ongoing basis
- Performs departmental duties as necessary.
- Food Handler’s Certificate
- Previous experience as NM in LTC
- Work as part of multidisciplinary team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Current membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management
- Experience in large quantity food preparation, financial planning and food purchasing
- Certification as Food Service Manager/Nutrition Manager from a recognized governing body
- Knowledgeable of nutritional needs of the residents in a LTC home with a food first approach – including therapeutic, texture modified and ethnic diets
- Must be knowledgeable of the Ontario Food Premises Regulation, Food Safety Code of Practice and Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating, relevant sections of the Long-Term Care Homes Act and regulations 2007, ORCA and OH&S Act
Please know that due to the high volume of resumes received, we will only be reaching out to candidates selected for an interview.Apply now Return to Job Opportunities