Seasons Care Dietitian Network partners with Consulting Dietitians, who are responsible for the promotion of optimal nutrition care for all residents within the Long-Term Care Home. As a Consulting Dietitian with Seasons Care, you are to ensure that services and systems are in place to provide access to the Nutrition and Hydration Care program.
The Consulting Dietitian ensures compliance with LTC legislation and follows the Dietitians of Canada “Roles and Responsibilities of the Registered Dietitian in Ontario LTC Homes 2010”.
Under the General Supervision of the Food Services Manager:
- Provide overall nutritional care and counselling to the Residents of the Home. Assess the nutritional status of the Residents and develop individualized care plans. Implement, monitor and evaluate plans.
- Communicate with the physicians, registered nurses and pharmacist regarding client nutrition status, needs and treatment.
- Participate in Resident and multi-disciplinary care conferences as required.
- Plan unit specific menus and individual specific diets based upon the clinical care and health status of the Residents.
- Assist with product and supplier selection to ensure quality and value-added menus as required.
- Approve menus as per legislative requirements.
- Ensure food preparation and dietary services meet the needs of the Residents and maintain established standards of infection control, long-term care, and public health.
- Plan and conduct in-service training on food services and nutritional care programs.
- Maintain nutrition and dietary records, reports and/or other administrative data.
- Chart nutritional status of Residents.
- Supervise and educate dietetic staff, students and interns, where appropriate.
- Monitor, and evaluate food and nutritional services using the quality assurance model, making changes where required.
- Assist with the operation and supervision of Food Services Section.
- Assist with development, implementation and maintenance of policy and procedures specific to resident care, food safety and Ministry of Health long-term care standards.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of clients Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.