Pumpkin Spice… and Everything Nice! We love everything about this seasonal recipe – it is moist and packed full of flavour, perfect for Fall!!
Pumpkin Cranberry Loaf:
Dry Ingredients: Wet ingredients:
1 + 2/3 cup All Purpose Flour 1/2 cup Salted Butter (Room Temperature)
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder 1 cup Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda 2 Lg. Eggs
1/2 tsp. Salt 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger 1/4 cup Orange Juice
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon 1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 Ground Cloves 1 cup fresh or frozen Cranberries
Cream Cheese Icing for Drizzle: (Optional)
3-4Tbsp. Cream Cheese (Softened)
1/2 cup Icing Sugar
1-2 Tbsp. of Milk
Preheat oven to 350F. Loaf Pan (9x5x3″)
Tip: Line the Loaf Pan with Parchment paper to prevent the Loaf from sticking to the sides of the pan. You can also wipe the sides of the pan down with butter/margarine and lightly coat all sides of the pan with flour.
- Cream Butter and Sugar together in mixing bowl using a stand mixer on a medium speed. (Tip: Butter should be at room temperature before mixing- if it is too cold, it does not mix as well and might give the appearance of being curdled once all of the liquid ingredients are added in. If this happens, don’t sweat it, the loaf will still turn out PERFECT!)
- While the Butter and Sugar is mixing, in a separate bowl, combine Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Ground Ginger, Cinnamon and Ground Cloves and set aside
- Whisk Eggs in a separate bowl and set aside
- Measure out Orange Juice and set aside (Tip: To save another step, measure out and add the Vanilla to the Orange Juice)
- Squish Cranberries with the side of knife or with something flat and chop into pieces. (Tip: Squishing the Cranberries will help keep the cranberries in place when chopping. If using Frozen Cranberries, allow to thaw and drain off any liquid before using!)
- Add the whisked Eggs to the creamed Butter and Sugar mixture in the mixing bowl. Turn the mixer to a low speed and gradually add in the Egg every couple of minutes until completely mixed in. (Tip: It is helpful to scrap down the sides of the mixing bowl between each gradual addition of Egg.)
- Add Pumpkin Puree to mixture in the mixing bowl
- Add in Orange Juice and Vanilla. Keep mixing until everything is combined
- Now it is time for the dry ingredients (Flour Mixture)- Take the mixing bowl off of the stand mixer and add half of the dry ingredients, previously set aside. Mix by using a spatula and lightly folding the dry ingredients into the mixture. Repeat this with the second half of the dry ingredients and add Cranberries- Do not over mix
- Pour Loaf batter into the loaf pan and fill to the top. Even out the batter in the pan. Bake on the middle rack of oven at 350F for approximately 50-60 minutes.
- Once done, Loaf should be firm to the touch. You can also insert a toothpick to check doneness; the toothpick should come out clean. Let Cool
- While the Loaf is baking, make the Cream Cheese Icing. Using a whisk, whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl until you get a smooth consistency. Keep in the fridge until ready to use. (Tip: Add a little bit more milk if too thick and add a bit more Icing Sugar if too thin.)
- When ready, Drizzle the Cream Cheese Icing over the Loaf
Change it up!
Add some Pumpkin Seeds or Walnuts, Almonds or Pecans for a little bit of a Crunch! Mix the nuts and seeds right into the batter or sprinkle them on top of the Cream Cheese Icing!
If you don’t care for Cranberries, leave them out or pick a different fruit such as Raisins or Pomegranate!
This Loaf really is a “Can eat anytime kind of Loaf”, it makes a great snack, breakfast/brunch item, or dessert. You can even cut it cup into little pieces and use it in a fall themed Trifle- the ideas are endless!!