Seasons Care Dietitian Network is a consulting network of Dietitians and Nutrition Managers specializing in Long-Term Care and Retirement Homes. Since 1996, Seasons Care has become the leader in Seniors Nutrition in Canada. We partner with many Long-Term Care and Retirement Homes by providing consulting Dietitian and Nutrition Management services to support them in making a difference in the lives of their Residents. We continue to grow and welcome you to join our team.
Seasons Care Dietitian Network is proud to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please let us know.
Seasons Care is a diverse and inclusive network. We encourage applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, racialized persons and those who identify as LGBTQ+.
We thank all the applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Registered Dietitians Required
- Member in good standing of the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Must have proof of COVID vaccine, liability insurance, TB testing and vulnerable sector police check
- Membership in Dietitians of Canada – Gerontology Network an asset
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in Long Term Care
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates an ability to problem solve
- Computer Literacy - knowledge of computerized electronic medical records (EMR) programs an asset
- Travel may be required with some positions
- Identify and monitor level of nutrition and hydration risk for all Residents.
- Complete scheduled RAI-MDS assessments; assess nutritional status for all Residents upon admission, annually and when significant changes in status occur.
- Prioritize and respond to dietary referrals in a timely manner.
- Develop, evaluate and modify nutritional care plans for all Residents; liaise with Residents, family members and/or substitute decision makers and the interdisciplinary team when implementing dietary interventions.
- Conduct swallowing assessments, as needed.
- Provide nutrition counselling and education to Residents and family members and/or substitute decision makers, as needed, in line with supporting Residents’ nutrition care.
- Collaborate with the Food and Nutrition Manager to implement a pleasurable dining experience for Residents.
- Participate in Care Conferences and committee meetings as needed.
- Review and approve seasonal menus; develop individualized menus for Residents, as needed.
- Provide education and training to dietary and nursing staff to support home-specific policies and procedures, as needed.
- Participate in home-specific continuous quality improvement initiatives, as needed.
- Complete other duties, as needed.