These festive Blondies are soft and chewy…. and a delicious holiday treat everyone will love! This easy recipe is made with simple ingredients, and is perfect for snacking on any time over the holidays!
- 8 oz. Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 cups Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs plus one Egg Yolk
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Red and Green M&Ms
- 12 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Sea Salt (optional), for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350F or 176C. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper or spray the pan with nonstick baking spray, set aside.
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter until browned, then place in a large mixing bowl.
Add the brown sugar and whisk until well combined. Add the vanilla and stir. Then, add in the eggs and egg yolk, beat until combined.
Fold in the flour and salt, until just combined. Then, fold in the M&Ms and chocolate chips. Tip: Do not over mix the batter, this will make the blondies more dense.
Scrape the batter into the pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the edges are firm and golden. You can also insert a toothpick to check doneness; the toothpick should come out clean.
Let cool before cutting. Sprinkle with sea salt before serving, optional.
Store in airtight containers.
Suggested Topping or Add-Ins
- Crushed Oreo Pieces- Cookies n Cream anyone?!
- Chopped Nuts- Add a bit of a crunch
- Peppermint- Add festive flavour of the holiday season
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate, milk chocolate, caramel or all three- Seasons Care LOVES Chocolate!
Perfect for Holiday Gatherings
- This treat is a perfect dessert option for holiday gatherings or can be given as an edible gift or party favor.
- If you are feeling really crafty, cut the blondies into Christmas tree shapes and decorate with coloured icing and sprinkles. Add a pretzel or candy cane for the tree trunk.
- Package the treats in holiday tins lined with wax or parchment paper and add a bow and festive tag with a message for an extra touch!
Wishing you all a season filled with sweetness!
Happy Holidays and Enjoy!