Seasons Care Dietitian Network partners with Consulting Dietitians, who are responsible for the promotion of optimal nutrition care for all residents within the Long-Term Care Home (LTCH). As a Consulting RD with Seasons Care, you are to ensure that services and processes are in place to provide Residents with optimal Nutrition and Hydration Care. The Consulting RD ensures compliance with Ministry of Long-Term Care regulations and follows the Dietitians of Canada “Roles and Responsibilities of the Registered Dietitian in Ontario LTC Homes 2010”.
This Corporate RD position is directly responsible for overseeing the management of the Nutrition and Hydration program of several Long-Term Care Homes across a large geographic area. The individual will work closely with various team members including other Corporate Nursing and Dietary Consultants, Administrators, Directors of Care, Dietitians and Nutrition Managers. The successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of policies, procedures, menus and regulations pertaining to programs and quality initiatives in LTC. The position will also require overseeing, coaching and providing guidance to Consulting RD’s. This position answers directly to Seasons Care.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team in developing and maintaining nutrition initiatives
- Ensuring evidence based practice approach with nutritional services within the Homes
- Implementing Quality Assurance and Improvement processes
- Provide orientation, training, mentoring and coaching to Consulting RDs
- Liaising regularly with Consulting Dietitians in Homes to ensure high quality of nutritional care for Residents
- Provide support to Nutrition Managers, dietary staff, food distributor and suppliers as needed
- Conduct monthly chart audits and annual clinical & food service audits, as scheduled
- Responsible for reviewing and updating policies annually with the team
- Reviewing and updating PCC charting templates, guidelines and care plan items
- Responsible for overseeing menu development and implementation processes in the Homes
- Regular Home visits to ensure standards of quality are met
- Minimum 5+ years in a Long Term Care setting and has demonstrated knowledge of the nutritional needs of the elderly and all aspects of food service operations and administrative dietetics
- Must be insured and a member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario and eligible for membership with Dietitians of Canada
- Minimum 2+ years in a leadership/supervising role
- Project management skills and experience
- Strong people skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willing to travel / reliable transportation
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage a large team
- Excellent time management skills
- Point Click Care experience is required
- Synergy on Demand experience an asset
- Food Service Manager experience an asset
- Living in Kitchener or Waterloo is a bonus but not necessary
Seasons Care Dietitian Network is proud to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please let us know.
Seasons Care Inc. is a diverse and inclusive employer encouraging diverse population to apply and compete on opportunities.
We look forward to hearing from you!