Assistant Director of Food Services – peopleCare Hilltop Manor (Part Time)
peopleCare has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the eighth year in a row! We are a growing Canadian owned and family-operated organization in senior living. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
peopleCare is once again Accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest award possible through Accreditation Canada’s Qmentum program. This notable distinction is thanks to the efforts of our outstanding team of skilled and dedicated individuals working collaboratively with our partners to drive excellence in operations, care, and services. Noted as a great place to work, other strengths highlighted in our Report include peopleCare’s investment in leadership development and staff education, high level of engagement in our communities, and building meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships to address staffing shortages and drive positive systemic change.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, and we are growing exponentially as we expand our horizons and continue to open a new world of opportunities to honour our vision to change the world of Senior Living! Together we are raising the bar in changing the world of senior living as a Best Managed Company, by providing excellent care and creating meaningful experiences for residents, families, staff, and partners.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – then apply to the great opportunity below!
Reporting to the Director of Food Services, the Assistant Director of Food Services is responsible for the effective supervision and support in the Dietary Department to ensure the delivery of optimal service to residents and families based on legislative requirements and peopleCare standards
Reports To: Director of Food Services
- Provides relief of DFS during vacation or illness
- Supervises the preparation and service of all meals and nourishments following specified menus and standardized recipes.
- Assists the Director of Food Services to ensure that the Quality Management Program is implemented and ongoing within the Dietary Department.
- Monitors and documents resident nutritional status on an ongoing basis with referral to the Consulting Dietitian if health status changes negatively.
- Maintains operational records (ie: menus, production charts, food temperatures and refrigerator, freezer and dish machine temperatures) as directed.
- Attends all pertinent home in-services, community educational sessions and other necessary training sessions as provided.
- Performs other duties as are necessary and appropriate and assigned
- Provides input for employee performance reviews.
- Provides input to the Director of Food Services regarding Union matters related to grievance procedures.
- In the absence of the Director arranges staffing coverage and scheduling changes following established
- Promotes a positive team spirit within the department and the home
- Assists the Director of Food Services to control of the operational budget for the Dietary department including
adherence to food service-related enhancement contracts.
- Refers residents or family members as necessary to Consulting Dietitian for counseling on therapeutic diets.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team in the development and evaluation of resident care plans.
- Attends Resident Council meetings as invited and ensures residents are satisfied with meals.
- Communicates with residents, family members, and staff on an ongoing basis regarding department activities.
- Understands and promotes the Resident Bill of Rights.
- Participates actively in department, home and community committees as requested.
- Follows infection control procedures.
- Monitors Dietary staff compliance with home policies and procedures, including safety and sanitation rules and
safe working practices.
- Reports and/or remedies all actual or potential hazardous situations to the Executive Director of the home,
and/or Occupational Health and Safety Committee promptly.
- Follows all health and safety policies and procedures and is knowledgeable of home fire and disaster plans.
- Completes all safety training as required by peopleCare Inc.
- Maintains compliance with all provincial/long term care regulations and established peopleCare requirements.
- Conducts daily inspection of the Department to identify/resolve any potential hazards.
- Works with and responds to Ministry of Health / Public Health as directed.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Successful completion of an accredited program as a Food Service Supervisor/Nutrition Manager.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in large quantity food preparation, financial planning, and food purchasing.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment and/or in a long-term care setting
- Current membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management.
- Must be knowledgeable of the nutritional needs of the residents in an LTC home.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with residents of an LTC home.
- Must be an effective team player who works well with others.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Ontario Food Premises Regulation, Food Safety Code of Practice and Canada’s
Food Guide to Healthy Eating, CCHSA/ORCA, Ontario’s Long Term Care Home Program manual, and OH&S Act
- Must have knowledge of Inspection protocol process.
If you are interested in this amazing opportunity, please apply in writing including: the position title,
your resume, and a cover letter.
Please send your application to Katelyn Currie at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 22nd, 2022.Apply now Return to Job Opportunities