- 10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place sliced apples in a 9×13 inch pan.
- Mix the white sugar, 1tbsp flour and ground cinnamon together and sprinkle over apples.
- Pour water evenly all over.
- Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apply mixture.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- You can use applesauce in place of sliced apples to make the dish easier to chew and swallow for those who may require it.
- Add some chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts as a delicious topping.
- Serve with a slice of your favourite sharp cheese, the salty sweet combo is a classic for a reason.
- Caramel sauce fan? Drizzle some on top to take this apple crisp to the next level, there are some great caramel sauce recipes online as well.
- Add a scoop of ice cream for an extra tasty treat 😉
Resource: Apple Crisp Recipe | Allrecipes