Education and Experience:
The ideal candidates will possess:
* Certification or proof of participation in a Food Service Worker Program approved by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
* Current Food Handlers Safety Awareness certification.
* Previous professional experience in a health care setting an asset.
* Knowledge of sanitation, hygiene, food production, safety, and understanding of therapeutic diets.
* Reliable and able to work with others in a team atmosphere.
* Time management skills with ability to prioritize and multitask.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.
* Minimum one year dietary experience working in long term care facility.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
* Preparing plates and distributing the resident meals and snacks according to the diet list/individual diet menus and the residents’ preferences.
* Maintaining a sanitary and clean working environment and is familiar with infection control techniques; Completing the daily and deep cleaning and sanitizing of dishes, utensils and equipment used for resident meal preparation, delivery and service.
* Receiving, storing and managing the inventory of resident food and food service supplies.
* Adhering to the Menu and Therapeutic extensions to ensures that portion control is maintained by using appropriate utensils as per guidelines provided.
* Ensuring safe handling of food as per regulatory guidelines.
* Ensuring that good personal hygiene, with neat and clean appearance is practiced as well as in accordance with dress code for the department as per policy, such as, safe foot attire, hair net etc.
If you believe you are a good fit, forward resumes to Oluseyi Farinu, Food Service Manager (email@example.com).Apply now Return to Job Opportunities