Seasons Care Dietitian Network partners with Consulting Dietitians, who are responsible for the promotion of optimal nutrition care for all residents within the Long-Term Care Home. As a Consulting Dietitian with Seasons Care, you are to ensure that services and systems are in place to provide access to the Nutrition and Hydration Care program. The Consulting Dietitian ensures compliance with LTC legislation and follows the Dietitian’s of Canada “Roles and Responsibilities of the Registered Dietitian in Ontario LTC Homes 2010”.
The Corporate RD is directly responsible for overseeing the Management of Nutritional Services of several Long-Term Care homes across a large geographic area. The individual will work closely with various team members including other corporate Nursing and Dietary Leaders, Administrators, DOC’s, Dietitians and Nutrition Managers. The successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of policies, procedures, menus and regulations pertaining to service programs in Long-Term Care. The position will also require overseeing clinical nutrition areas and provide guidance to Consulting Dietitians. This position answers directly to Seasons Care.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team in developing nutrition programs
- Provide orientation/training/mentoring/coaching to Consulting Dietitians
- Responsible for development of training tools and communication
- Responsible for reviewing and updating policies annually with the team
- Responsible for overseeing menu development and implementation processes in the homes
- Provide support to Nutrition Managers as needed
- Reviewing and updating PCC charting templates, guidelines and care plan items
- Regular home visits to facilities to ensure standards of quality are met
- Liaising regularly with Consulting Dietitians in homes to ensure high quality of nutritional care for residents
- Ensuring evidence based practice approach with nutritional services within the homes
- Implementing Quality Assurance and Improvement processes
- Minimum 5+ years in a Long-Term Care setting and has demonstrated knowledge of the nutritional needs of the elderly and all aspects of food service operations and administrative dietetics
- Must be insured and a member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario and eligible for membership with Dietitians of Canada
- Minimum 2+ years in a leadership/supervising role
- Project management skills and experience
- Strong people skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willing to travel / reliable transportation
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage a large team
- Excellent time management skills
- Point Click Care experience is required
- Synergy on Demand experience an asset
- Food Service Manager experience an asset
- 32 hours per week; located in Sarnia or London preferred
Seasons Care Dietitian Network is proud to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please let us know.
Seasons Care Inc. is a diverse and inclusive employer encouraging diverse population to apply and compete on opportunities.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply now Return to Job Opportunities